Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Inge Hitting .174, Says He Doesn't Care



By Sean Gagnier
@SeanGagnier 

“I feel great at the plate,” Inge said. “I consider a quality at-bat squaring it up and hitting it on the screws. I’ve done that a lot. I don’t have much to show for average, which I really don’t care about. I’ve learned -- especially after last year (when he hit .197) -- I don’t care one bit. I’m having fun playing baseball, and I will continue to have fun.
"I will never let numbers bring me down again. I’ve hit a lot of balls right at people.”

Yes, that's right, Brandon Inge doesn't think there is anything wrong with needing a boat oar at the plate to get a hit. And while Tigers fans may disagree with him on that one as long as he's having fun everything's alright, right?

With Danny Worth hitting .313 with a .395 OBP and Inge bringing up the rear with a real nice .174, he better have fun down in Lakeland because he might be staying there when the team comes back to Detroit.

Ryan Raburn has made it clear that he is the Tigers starting second baseman, he is tearing pitching apart this spring, hitting .325 with a .365 OBP. Raburn has also jacked six home runs and racked up 18 RBI this spring.

If things stay the way they are right now Raburn will be the starting 2B with backup's Ramon Santiago and Danny Worth. Inge, well, he can hit a lot of balls on the seams to little leaguers in Ann Arbor because he won't be doing it in an Olde English "D."

No comments:

Post a Comment